Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Voy a hablar español

Hello all:

I haven't updated in a while, mainly because there hasn't been a whole lot going on. Well, not things are changing. I got my transfer call last night from Pres. Maynes-- I am leaving the Hearther Ridge South area and headed to serve in another area with a new companion. He has also changed my calling-- he asked me to serve now as a Spanish-speaking missionary. I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed using my Spanish occasionally on my mission, and it will be cool to start really putting it to use. Don't know if it will be an all-Spanish area, or a mixed companionship. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning at transfer meeting.

I've felt really good about these past two transfers her. A member gave us a 50-lb bag of rice at the beginning of March, and over 3 months, we've successfully depleted the supply. We've eaten rice almost every day. I've eaten more rice these past 3 months than these past 20 years combined, I'm sure. I love the stuff. Fist thing I'm doing in my new area is getting another big bag, and going to Goodwill or Arc to find a cheap rice cooker!

Oh yeah, and I'm happy for the baptism and missionary success we've had, too. That's always nice =)

I hope that everything's going well where y'all are. I keep hearing about whirlwinds and "earthquakes on divers places." Stay safe, everybody! Keep praying for the work of the Lord-- He needs everyones' help!

--
Elder Watkins
Colorado Denver South Mission
999 E. Tufts Av.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

No comments:

Post a Comment