Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

We're going to the mountains


Transfers! They're always so hectic! On Tuesday morning, I went to transfer meeting, and got sent out to the Eagle Valley Ward in Eagle/Gypsum/Dotsero and the surrounding towns Out West. I am certainly in the mountains. Each tiny town we cover has a maximum population of only a few thousand, and many have much less. We don't get many miles on our car, though, so we often end up biking within the towns. I've decided I hate biking in the mountains! I also really noticed the oxygen difference between here and Denver-- we're sitting comfortably at 6800 ft or so. It only takes a little bit of exertion to start panting and gasping.
On the way back from the transfer location last week, our rear left tire blew out on the freeway. That was fun. Hopefully we can get some new ones in from Denver tomorrow. As it is, we have to go really slow on the tiny spare.

My new companion, Elder Palma, is from Peru. He has been out about 9 months.
I've really enjoyed serving here so far-- my Spanish can keep up with... well, a good portion of the lessons and appointments. Some people speak a little too fast, but I can make out a lot, and my Spanish has definitely improved this past week.
The ward here is... really different from the Denver/Aurora area I'd been serving in for more than 18 months now. Everybody in the towns know each other, and we run into ward members multiple times per day. People here seem really friendly, and it has the small town feeling I've never experienced before. The ward is really nice, and very close knit.
Here are some pictures-- the whole place is absolutely beautiful, but especially the Glenwood Springs Canyon.
Well, I'm out of time. I hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. Hopefully, I can find a bit more time next week.

Elder Watkins
Colorado Denver South Mission
999 E. Tufts Av.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113





No comments:

Post a Comment