Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Another Transfer

Hello all:

Whew-- what a week! Transfers are always a crazy time! Sadly, Elder Harper is gone on to the Aurora Stake. For President Maynes's first transfer run, he threw everyone for a loop by throwing a few missionaries back to areas in which they'd already served, and a few to companions with which they'd already served! Such is the case with me-- my new companion is none other than Elder Chapman-- one of my MTC roommates, and a one-week companion just 5 months ago in Willow Creek!

We've run into a few hard-nosed people while knocking doors recently. One guy got really angry that we were tracting in a covenant community. He screamed that he was a lawyer and that what we were doing was illegal, so we went ahead and left the property to call the Centennial Sherriff's Department to reconfirm that we are breaking no laws. We had already gone through the routine with Greenwood Village, so it wasn't exactly breathtaking news when the Arapahoe County deputy called us back re-iterating that "there are no laws or ordinances against proselyting in any neighborhood, covenant-controlled, no-soliciting, or any other community or apartment complex, per established precedent from the US Supreme Court. " Fun stuff- that's our life.

At any rate, here are some pictures:

* Elder Harper and me going forth to preach the Gospel
* Elder Harper and I went to a sushi place. He'd never had the stuff before. Having lived in Korea for two years, I was OK with it. Elder Harper... not so much. He could only choke down two pieces before retiring to his drink for the rest of the meal
* A picture from last transfer: Elder Andersen and I found this random grassy hill in the middle of Metro Denver right next to I-25 and a bunch of busy streets. We couldn't resist the opportunity-- we just had to run to the top of the hill, grab a copy of the Book of Mormon, and cry repentance to this untoward generation. We got a few stares and cocked eyebrows, but we didn't care-- it was a good photo-op, and we were on our way to a baptism, anyway, so nothing could ruin our celebratory mood. Doesn't he look like Dan Jones?
* A picture at our place-- though I'm not 100% sure that's what the artist had in mind when he painted it.



Well, gotta get back to work now. Hope everything's going well.

I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph Smith was His Prophet, that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that our Savior lives and speaks to us today. love this Gospel, and I love this work. I bear my witness of that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment