Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Hello all!

Hope all is going well wherever you are! Happy new year! I hope 2010 treats you all well.

Here's a quick update of what's going on in our area: We're continuing to teach the friends of a recent convert. They're pretty solid: one is a Christian and the other is a Muslim. They're both reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible, and by so doing are coming to gain a witness that they're indeed the Word of God. I expect we may very well have a convert or two by the end of the transfer (Jan 28).

The below-negative-10 weather we had several weeks ago looks like it's coming back, and we'll be back real soon to "nose-hair-freezing cold." Oh, the fun of living in Denver!

Today we were assigned to work in our new mission office. FYI: All packages, letters, or other are to be sent there exclusively from now on. The address is 999 E. Tufts Ave, Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113.

Still no progress on switching the Church email client to Gmail, so expect dropped messages and faulty delivery until then.

Speaking Google, we went to the mall on Tuesday, and the guy at the Qwest kiosk demo'd the new Google Android smart phone to us. He showed us how the Google app works by doing an image search from the built-in camera, and running a Google image search on it. It was pretty neat to see him use camera pointed at the mall's shops' logos to pull up the websites for the stores, and so I had him take a picture of my tag. Sure enough, the phone immediately pulled up this blog-- it was so cool!I might get an Andriod when I get home (and they're cheaper).

Anyway, cool story done, back to missionary work-- The Willow Creek Ward is awesome! I've never seen such a missionary-focused ward ever-- they really know their duties as member missionaries, go above and beyond our expectations in helping us out. I'm grateful that the Lord has sent me here to serve, and I look forward to continuing to work in this wonderful area.

I know this Church is true, that Joseph Smith was another Prophet called by God to lead God's Church, and that through Jesus Christ, we will all be able to live again, and to keep working and growing after this life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ (which name I bear on my tag ☺), amen.

--Elder Watkins
--Elder Watkins
Colorado Denver South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment