Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Leaving Willow Creek

Hey all:

Like our Salt Lake Temple plastic cup sculpture?



Well, another successful end to a transfer. I got a call from the assistants at 11:00 last night informing me that I'm being transferred tomorrow.

I really have mixed feelings about leaving the Willow Creek Ward: I love this ward to death-- I know almost all the members, and love the unique leadership the sets such a fantastic missionary-oriented example. But then again, at the same time I've tracted every street in the area once, twice, or three times, and we've gotten to the point where we can recognize people at their doors and tell you how receptive they are and their whole story. That's not good-- we need some new elders in here without that sense of repetition and preconceived notions.

Well, I probably had better get going soon-- we have a dinner appointment in a few minutes and people to check up later tonight, and then tomorrow we will find out where everyone is headed.
It may not be on the mountain's height,
Or over the stormy sea.
It may not be at the battle's front--
My God will have need of me

But if by the still small voice He calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine,
I'll go where you want me to go.

I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph Smith is His Prophet, and that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God, and that it came forth the way He said it came forth-- a further witness and testimony to the Bible that our Savior lives and speaks today-- confirming the testimonies of ancient and modern prophets who have gone on before. I love this Gospel, and I love this work. I bear my own witness that this work is God's work, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen