Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

My very last blog post from Colorado

Hello all:

I can't believe this is my last P-Day. What a scary thought that is! In a few short days, I will hit my 2-year mark, and return home. From what others have told me, it sounds like a very interesting time to return to the East Coast-- earthquakes and hurricanes? Sounds fun.

Though in my heart, I can't grasp the fact that I'm nearly through, my mind is very aware of the quickly ticking clock, and even the most innocuous things pellet my thoughts with how little time I have left. Here are some examples I've noticed:

I have less days left than the number of:
  • Calories in 3 jellybeans
  • Fingers
  • Hours in one general conference
  • Books in the Books of Mormon
  • Companions I've had
  • Transfers I've been out
  • Ties I have
  • Baptisms on my mission (thankfully ☺)
Trunkie? No. But very aware that I only have a few precious days left to finish the Lord's errand here. I pray I can be aware of the opportunities all around me as I finish "the best two years of my life." Next time I write, it will be from North Carolina.

I witness the world that the Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is "the most correct of any book on earth." Our Savior lives, and He guides His Church.

" The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done. "

Of that truth I bear my testimony in the name of that Master, whose name I will wear for at least a few more days, even Jesus Christ, amen.
--
Elder Watkins
Colorado Denver South Mission
999 E. Tufts Av.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

No comments:

Post a Comment