Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Springtime Snow

What better way to welcome in the Spring with an inch of snow and freezing temperatures in mid-May! So glad to hear that NC is resting in the 80s and AZ in the 90s while we folks in Colorado are having fun in the 30s.

So what's new? Not much. Our investigators are... investigating, and our upcoming baptism is... upcoming.

The mission is getting ready (albeit with some sadness) to bid farewell to President and Sister Christison at the end of their 3-year "volunteer" assignment as the fantastic leaders of the Colorado Denver South Mission. We are excited to meet Pres. Maynes and his wife in early July, but I would be amiss is I were to say that we aren't going to miss Pres. Christison and all he and his wife do for us. They truly lead in the spirit of power and authority, with a generous splash of Christlike love.

I have been learning a lot these past few weeks about watching not just how much work you do, but how you do it. I used to think that if you are willing to follow the Spirit, put your shoulder to the wheel, and expend all your energies, you would find success, but I'm realizing that, just as any good earthly parent (and I have two really good ones), our Heavenly Father won't let us just work and find miracles-- yes, we must work our tails off, but we also have to keep monitoring the quality of the work. If we don't watch how we work, then the work becomes fruitless, and pretty soon a hundred hours of tracting will get you only one investigator. I really need to work on learning how to work effectively.

Still, my testimony is undaunted. I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph Smith is His Prophet, and that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God, and that it came forth the way He said it came forth-- a further witness and testimony to the Bible that our Savior lives and speaks today-- confirming the testimonies of ancient and modern prophets who have gone on before. I love this Gospel, and I love this work. I just wish that time could just slow down a bit so I can cherish these two years more. I bear my own witness that this work is God's work, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.